That’s right, my friends: Oso Closo is finally playing again. It’s happening in Dallas and soon. It will be on Friday March 23 at Geoff Lloyd’s new studio/venue, Central Tracks (2815 Main St.). This is a really great space that Geoff is opening in the heart of Deep Ellum, and he’s working overtime in the next few weeks to get it ready for us. We’re really excited to bring attention to a deserving new Dallas venue, especially since Geoff has been such an Oso supporter. It’s going to be a great night of music, Foe Destroyer will be playing as well as our friends Rademacher from California.
Also, spookily, just this morning I got an email with an article that Sarah Crisman wrote about Oso Closo, seemingly totally unrelated to this as-yet-undisclosed news. Almost like some sort of collective consciousness thing… only…. what does it mean? Maybe she willed it to happen with her Voodoo powers she’s secretly been honing over the last two years for just this purpose? We may never know. Do we really have free will, or are we just organic machines, firing synapses predictably, inescapably, toward our destiny? Guess what number I’m thinking in my head between 1 and 50.
I re-did my site! …again!
I just finished turning the Foe Destroyer homepage into a WordPress site and there was so much about it that seemed to work better in the long run that I decided to use WordPress here too. I do sort of miss the sliding effect from the last site. That was cool. But I also stole that code from Flavors.me, which I was probably not strictly-speaking supposed to do. So (in the words of my favorite non-wife roommate, Odin) there’s that.
And now, in true blogging fashion, I present to you a Pros and Cons List for the new site –>
PROS of the new site:
1. I can blog now. I think that’s a “pro”. I guess we’ll see.
2. The calendar works a lot better. Before I was hard coding every line every time I would update. Which meant for all practical purposes I was not updating. Now you can actually go look at my upcoming gigs and feel fairly confident that what you’re seeing is true!
3. The music is all organized with categories and tags, which makes things more fun and useful.
4. There’s a discography page now, and it looks so real.
5. You can search for stuff (over there on the left).
6. My visage isn’t anymore looming over you, judging your every click. But I did leave it as the splash page, so that it can continue to bless Derrek Luke.
CONS of the new site:
No more slidey effect Until I can find a WordPress theme that has that feature. The hunt is on!